Kelly Greulich – Clerk Treasurer
PO Box 92, 90 N. Holiday Blvd.
Santa Claus, IN 47579
Cathy Kroeger – Deputy Clerk | Lisa Gengelbach – Utilities Clerk
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm.
The Town Hall follows Indiana State Holidays.
Duties of the Town Clerk-Treasurer
The clerk-treasurer shall do the following:
- Receive and care for all town money and pay the money out only on order of the town legislative body.
- Keep accounts showing when and from what sources the clerk-treasurer has received town money and when and to whom the clerk-treasurer has paid out town money.
- Prescribe payroll and account forms for all town offices.
- Prescribe the manner in which creditors, officers, and employees shall be paid.
- Manage the finances and accounts of the town and make investments of town money.
- Prepare for the legislative body the budget estimates of miscellaneous revenue, financial statements, and the proposed tax rate.
- Maintain custody of the town seal and the records of the legislative body.
- Issue all licenses authorized by statute and collect the fees fixed by ordinance.
- Serve as clerk of the legislative body by attending its meetings and recording its proceedings.
- Administer oaths, take depositions, and take acknowledgment of instruments that are required by statute to be acknowledged, without charging a fee.
- Serve as clerk of the town court under IC 33-35-3-2, if the judge of the court does not serve as clerk of the court or appoint a clerk of the court under IC 33-35-3-1.
- Perform all other duties prescribed by statute.
A clerk-treasurer is not liable, in an individual capacity, for any act or omission occurring in connection with the performance of the requirements set forth in subsection (a), unless the act or omission constitutes gross negligence or an intentional disregard of the requirements.