October 26, 2019
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Spencer County Substance Abuse Council along with Spencer County Solid Waste Management District, Spencer County Prosecutor’s Office and Federal DEA are sponsoring a Medicine Cabinet Clean-Out Day 8 a.m. to noon. The four locations are Santa Claus, St. Meinrad, Dale and Rockport volunteer fire departments.
Here are seven good reasons why we need to recycle prescription medications.
• Prescription drugs are abused more frequently than illegal drugs.
• Nearly 1 in 5 teens has used powerful narcotic pain relievers for non-medical reasons.
• The most common item stolen from homes is prescription medication.
• Seventy percent of teens obtain the medications from the homes of friends or relatives.
• It is safer for the environment if we recycle.
• We should never flush medications.
• The medications will contaminate our drinking supply. Let’s fight this drug problem together. Please recycle.