Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to footer

Applications and Permits

Applications, Permits – Utilities

 Building Construction

All construction within the town limits of Santa Claus require a permit. Electrical and Plumbing must be done by a licensed plumber or electrician. If you have questions about the procedure, contact the Town Hall at 812-937-2551 or email

For your convenience, here are some of the standard forms:



Water and Sewer

The town of Santa Claus operates the Sewer Utilities and Water Utilities for the Town of Santa Claus as well a surrounding areas. Several forms are available depending on whether you live in the town limits or not. They are found here:

Permits for Inside Town Limits:

Permits for Outside of Town Limits


Many construction/remodeling projects require an inspection of existing lateral sewer lines. Contact the Utility Department for complete information.

Russ Luthy, Utilities Superintendent, 812-544-3329 (ext. 2), fax: 812-544-3491
Utility Office (Town Hall), 812-937-2551, fax: 812-937-2630


Natural Gas is supplied by:

Community Natural Gas
303 N. Washington St.
P.O. Box 320
Dale, IN 47523
Phone: (812) 937-2376
Fax: (812) 937-4860


Electrical service is provided by Vectren.

Vectren-Start, Move or Stop your service here.

Trash/Recycling Services

Drop off trash and recyclables at Spencer County Solid Waste

Curbside Pickup is available from Advanced Waste Disposal


11877 E. State Rd. 62
St. Meinrad, IN 47577
Phone: 800.511.4899

PSC provides the latest in telecommunication services, including local and long distance telephone service, DSL, fixed wireless, Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) high-speed Internet access, and digital cable TV.

PSC is a franchised provider in the Town of Santa Claus. A portion of each bill provides town revenue.